August 2020 - Weaver, Bennett & Bland, PA

Post-Marital and Postnuptial Agreements

Most people recognize the terms “prenuptial” or “premarital agreement.” Likewise, most, are aware that if a married couple part from each other that they may enter into a “Separation Agreement.” Many people do not know that in North Carolina, and most other states, you may enter into a binding contract with your spouse DURING marriage.


How To Begin Divorce Proceedings in North Carolina

If you’re currently separated from your spouse and seeking a divorce in North Carolina, then here is information shared by our firm’s divorce attorney to help you understand the process. Parties must be separated for a year before filing an action for divorce. One of the parties must have lived in N.C. for six months